Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Point of No Return...

Okay...So my title may be a little dramatic! I've been watching the Phantom of the Opera.

What is that point of no return with weight loss? To me it's that point where you make up your mind that this is the way you want to live the rest of your life. It's where you make the decision that not matter what the situation, you will do what's best for you and your body (or your families body).

I had a wonderful conversation with my husband last night and I'm thinking he's wanting to jump on this journey with me. I know that having him on the same page will make it easier on me! Selfish? Yes, yes, yes...I admit. However, if he's not bringing energy drinks or soda in the house...less temptation. I think he's hit that point of no return.

I really feel that when you are truly ready to lose weight, or just make a change, or quit smoking...etc. Whatever your goal may be...if you try and fail, maybe you just weren't ready yet. You didn't have every last detail in order for success. That's okay! Failure and mistakes is where we learn some of our greatest lessons. Part of our conversation ended up at me saying..."How do I have all of this weight-loss knowledge that I'm just handing out while I'm still sitting here fat and drinking wine!?"

I told my husband that I feel I have the many puzzle pieces that go into weight loss...I just don't know how to put them all together in the correct order. I related it to my skin care routine that I had help on. The esthetician was kind enough to write it down for me.

One thing I'm growing to despise is trial and error! So many errors...not enough results. I know so many people who drop sodas and lose ten pounds automatically! I was working out good before vacation...two months without sodas. Nothing.

This momma can't spend money or time in a gym for six hours a day. I am always stressed about something or someone. But...I think my day is coming.

Why? Maybe it's just a feeling. I think my husband and I have been working towards this goal for a long time. From the first time I fed him vegetable laden spaghetti. I'm excited to think that we can all get healthier together as a family. It'll take a lot of work and planning. It'll take dedication. But, I feel like with my husband I can do anything.

So who is that person that you go to? Who can you get to inspire, keep you accountable, and workout with you? Support is probably the biggest part of losing weight, quitting an addiction, or any other goal you may have.

Have we moved past the point of no return? I'm not sure yet...but I think I'll know when it has. I think I moved past the point of no return in many areas such as feeding my kids healthy, no tolerance on sodas, and limiting treats. But, moving past that point of no return for myself has been much harder.

So here's my challenge for you. I want you to stop and think for a few minutes sometime today. Who can support you through your goals? Who can make changes with you? Are there other sources out there to help you? The last time you tried to achieve this goal, what went wrong and how can you try to identify things that you can improve to make the goal more attainable or reachable?

Think on these things. If you'd like to share what your goal is (it doesn't have to be weight loss, it could be anything!) please leave me a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

And remember, if anything this gal in Arkansas is cheering you on! I may be good at giving advice, terrible at following it...but I'm a pretty good cheerleader! It's all a journey! (Hint: That's why I named this page Journey on the Final Countdown.)

Sending lots of sunshine, love, and peace to you and your journey!

-Ami M. Lee

(So I've seen a lot of people do give away-s when they get to so many followers...I think if I can get 100 here and on YouTube....maybe we'll do some kind of give away?)

No comments:

Post a Comment