Monday, April 14, 2014

Paleo...How's the transition going?

I realized it had been a while since I've written here. I've been a bit busy, quite stressed, and quite behind on school stuff. As always.

Lot's of things are happening and I don't really want to get into everything on my blog because a lot of it is personal.

But, Paleo transitioning is going well!

We have rid ourselves of bread. I had a failed attempt at paleo bread. It was awful...but there are more recipes to try. Dairy is in the works. We're almost out of cheese. It's funny...it's taken longer than I thought because most of our suppers are paleo without cheese! lol

Have I already messed up? Of course! Anyone surprised? LOL Here's the thing...I knew this already, but it just was more obvious. I ended up making supper the other night with noodles I've never used before and they were awful!...The meat and veggies were good...But me and Nick were still REALLY hungry...So we indulged poorly.

The next day...it got late and we had nothing for lunch...So we got fast food...I wasn't prepared for those times. Our cupboards are pretty much bare except for meat and veggies. I'm still a little confused as to what to eat for lunch because my kiddos aren't too fond of salads every day. Especially Mark...and they're kiddos and need a lot more calories than we do. They are in no way in need of calorie restrictions. I am that weird mom that feeds her kids 100x healthier than herself, so they have no issues as of now.

My poor son Rylan who isn't used to eating these healthy things and having to eat what is fixed is having a hard time. Then again...I could have been more prepared and fixed something he could recognize, but was still paleo.

Again, I refer to puzzles. So many puzzle pieces. If they aren't in order there are a lot of risks for failure. But, I don't let that get me down and go buy some bagels and nutella. I keep on working and keep these issues in mind as learning experiences.

I read that another family took about six months to transition to completely paleo, so I'm not worried that we didn't drop everything in a week. Although...I did try to quit coffee. Coffee has it's health benefits, so it's not really that I thought it was bad. I'm tried of the constant struggle of going without caffeine and having migraines a few days after stopping. It's one of those control issues. I think I'll just stick with my coffee for now since we're transitioning through so many things.

I've never been so certain that this may be the key to our success. My husband has been such a good sport even though I have messed up. I know I'm a good cook, you just sometimes get a products that isn't so great or a recipe that just isn't well thought out.

So how is it going for you? I hope you are all finding this well and happy. I have been doing a lot of make-up tutorials on the youtube vlog...Why? They're sooooo fun! I see why so many people do it. SO if you want go check that out. I'll try and upload a new one I did today soon. Found my old camera, so I'm hoping they'll be better quality images as well.

Sending you all lots of love and peace to you and your journey.

Always,

Ami M. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment