Thursday, May 1, 2014

Our House Was Lost in A Tornado

On April 27, 2014 a tornado warned storm produced an EF4 tornado that destroyed much of our town of Vilonia including our home.

You guys may know by now that I'm always looking for the positives. We have our lives. We have the beautiful generousity of others.

In this new adventure on the Journey on the Final Countdown I may be very absent for a while. Although, I am quite proud I still haven't broken 'A Year with No Soda' yet, even though I down right feel I deserve to.

So I sit, waiting to go out and see the progress on cleanup. I'll never look at my storm photography, or severe weather the same. My love and passion is still there, but I'm hoping in the future I can pay it forward and help others in our same situation.

I told my husband last night that I haven't really cried much, but I figure when everything is clean. When all of the houses and debris are gone, that will probably be my moment to truly morn and say that our lives are gone.

We have met some of the greatest people and some of the worst. But, the best outweight the worst by far. No amount of insurance could have saved our house or our neighbors lives.

If you would like to donate to help out my family please check out www.facebook.com/leefamilyneedsvilonia We appreciate prayers and positive thoughts are equally appreciated. Please remember that if you can't say anything nice, the best response is silence. All my love to those generous hearts out there.

-Ami M. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment