Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Absence

Hey my blogging family peeps!

So it's been a few weeks since I've blogged. Why? Oh, a tornado kind of destroyed my computer...and my house....And everything I own.

We lived in Vilonia, AR and about 7:20ish on April 27th, 2014 a storm descended upon our town. An EF-4 tornado forever change my life.

I don't want to go on about it. I'm actually writing my story down in the hopes of publishing it so that others going through this same situation can have hope and to encourage others to have a safety plan.

Long story short? Never...

My family is safe. My husband was at work. I am still very sad about two of our neighbors passing trying to ride out the storm in their house.

Since that time we've seen some of the best people in the world and some of the worst. I like to try to stick to thinking about the best. I don't think many people understand much about literally losing every item from the carpet on the floor up. Not just it all being crushed...We haven't found big things such as appliances, walls, doors, windows, beds, mattresses.

Our immediate needs have been met and if you would like to donate or get updates we have a facebook page at: Lee Family Needs #PrayForVilonia

We're trying to raise money to have a house put out there. We love and appreciate all the love and support we've received. So many amazing volunteers, especially the night this happened.

Things will never be the same.

But we're still fighting....Down, but never defeated.

Wishing you all out there safety and love.

I know there have been many storms since and many reported tornadoes. Have a plan. That's honestly, what saved our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment